When loss occurred Insured to notify Two Degrees Sdn Bhd with immediate effect
We will advise the insured and where necessary will appoint Adjusters to survey the loss at least within 1 working days. For cases where Adjusters are not involved, We will send letter to insured request for relevant documents.
Within 7 working days, upon receipt of Adjuster’s Report and/ or full
documentation, Insurer will process the claim and issue Offer Letter and Discharge Vouchers to the insured.
Insured to return the duly executed Discharge Vouchers to Us whereupon
payment will effected within:
1. 14 working days for claims up to RM1 million; or
2. 21 working days for claims exceeding RM1 million
For windstorm or lightning damage claims, lodging a police report is not necessary as a technical report from the repairer is sufficient. We will then arrange an independent adjuster to survey the loss and they will be contacting you for a survey. You are also advised to do the following:
- Take all steps within your power to minimize the extend of the loss or damage
- Preserve the parts affected and make them available for the inspection by our representative or adjuster
- Furnish all such information and documentary evidence as required by us
These repairs should be carried out on a without prejudice basis to the terms and conditions of the policy as policy liability has yet to be established
ELECTRONIC CREDIT PAYMENT (ECP)
Convenient – removes the need to travel and deposit the cheque at the bank as payments are credited directly into your bank account·
Safer – misplaced, lost, fraud or expired cheques will no longer be an issue
If you have informed us of your intention to use ECP, you must remember to update us if there are any changes to your bank account.
- NRIC, passport, or other acceptable identification documents; and
- Bank statement; OR
- Bank account passbook; OR
- Bank slip;
- Details of your account printed from your bank’s website that has been certified by your bank; OR
- Letter from your bank confirming your bank account details; and
- Electronic Credit Payment (ECP) Authorisation form duly signed (obtained from the claims department or downloaded from our website)
* Please note that we deem the claims payment into the Account details provided in the ECP form shall be a valid discharge of Our liability under the Policy. As such, please ensure that the information provided by you in the ECP form is valid and accurate as We shall not be held liable for any damages, losses, claims, costs and/or expenses which may be incurred as a result of such payments made into the said Account in accordance with your instructions therein.
Please refer to the following website for a current list of IBG members. http://www.myclear.org.my/faqs/interbank-giro-faqs/
Generally, funds will be made available in your bank account within the same day of payment. However, depending on the processes adopted by your bank, you may receive the payment on the same day or a day after.
Will be used solely for the purpose of enabling payments to be credited directly into your bank account; and
Is protected under the Financial Services Act (FSA) 2013 that strictly prohibits the disclosure of such information to any person unless customer or his personal representative has given written permission.
It should be noted that by signing the relevant form to provide your bank account information, you will be authorising the disclosure of your bank account information to parties’ necessary to effect a payment to you e.g. insurance company, financial institutions.
To avoid this issue, please ensure that your bank account is correct and active upon providing such information to Us. Otherwise, We will arrange the payment to you via cheque.
However, you must always remember to update your account details if there are any changes.
This, however, is a private arrangement between the yourself and your employer. Insurer will not be liable in the event the payment is not paid out by your employer to you.